How To Tell If You May Have Heavy Metals and Toxins in Your Body

Like it or not, we live in a toxic environment. These days, there are many diseases for which the medical profession can’t find as cause. We know that autoimmune diseases are caused by the breakdown of the immune system. It is coming to light that environmental toxins have a huge role to play in modern diseases. After all, before these existed, most of the conditions didn’t either!

Here are some of the effects of environmental toxins. They are very difficult to remove until now. A new technology safely removes heavy metals and toxins without damaging your body. If you decide that you have any of the conditions listed here, why not use our technology to clean out the toxins and see what happens to your health.

Arsenic
Exposure to arsenic occurs mostly in the workplace, near hazardous waste sites, or in areas with high natural levels. Symptoms of acute arsenic poisoning are sore throat from breathing, red skin at contact point, or severe abdominal pain, vomiting, and diarrhoea, often within 1 hour after ingestion. Other symptoms are anorexia, fever, mucosal irritation, and arrhythmia. Cardiovascular changes are often subtle in the early stages but can progress to cardiovascular collapse.

Chronic or lower levels of exposure can lead to progressive peripheral and central nervous changes, such as sensory changes, numbness and tingling, and muscle tenderness. A symptom typically described is a burning sensation (“needles and pins”) in hands and feet. Neuropathy (inflammation and wasting of the nerves) is usually gradual and occurs over several years. There may also be excessive darkening of the skin (hyperpigmentation) in areas that are not exposed to sunlight, excessive formation of skin on the palms and soles (hyperkeratosis), or white bands of arsenic deposits across the bed of the fingernails (usually 4-6 weeks after exposure). Birth defects, liver injury, and malignancy are possible. (Arsenic has also been used in homicides and suicides.)


Lead

Acute exposure to lead is also more likely to occur in the workplace, particularly in manufacturing processes that include the use of lead (e.g., where batteries are manufactured or lead is recycled). Even printing ink, gasoline, and fertilizer contain lead. Symptoms include abdominal pain, convulsions, hypertension, renal dysfunction, loss of appetite, fatigue, and sleeplessness. Other symptoms are hallucinations, headache, numbness, arthritis, and vertigo.

Chronic exposure to lead may result in birth defects, mental retardation, autism, psychosis, allergies, dyslexia, hyperactivity, weight loss, shaky hands, muscular weakness, and paralysis (beginning in the forearms). Children are particularly sensitive to lead (absorbing as much as 50% of the ingested dose) and are prone to ingesting lead because they chew on painted surfaces and eat products not intended for human consumption (e.g., hobby paints, cosmetics, hair colourings with lead-based pigments, and even playground dirt). In addition to the symptoms found in acute lead exposure, symptoms of chronic lead exposure could be allergies, arthritis, autism, colic, hyperactivity, mood swings, nausea, numbness, lack of concentration, seizures, and weight loss.


Mercury

Acute mercury exposure may occur in the mining industry and in the manufacturing of fungicides, thermometers, and thermostats. Liquid mercury is particularly attractive to children because of its beautiful silver colour and unique behaviour when spilled. Children are more likely to incur acute exposure in the home from ingesting mercury from a broken thermometer or drinking medicine that contains mercury. Because mercury vapours concentrate at floor level, crawling children are subject to a significant hazard when the mercury is sprinkled throughout the house during religious ceremonies or when there is an accidental spill (Zayas et al. 1996). Mercury spills are difficult to clean up, and mercury may remain undetected in carpeting for some time. Symptoms of acute exposure are cough, sore throat, and shortness of breath; metallic taste in the mouth, abdominal pain, nausea, vomiting and diarrhoea; headaches, weakness, visual disturbances, tachycardia, and hypertension.

Chronic exposure to mercury may result in permanent damage to the central nervous system (Ewan et al. 1996) and kidneys. Mercury can also cross the placenta from the mother’s body to the foetus (levels in the foetus are often double those in the mother) and accumulate, resulting in mental retardation, brain damage, cerebral palsy, blindness, seizures, and inability to speak.

Dental amalgam is also suspected as being a possible source of mercury toxicity from chronic exposure. Some physicians suggest that amalgam fillings could be part of the explanation for the explosion of learning problems and autism in children since World War II, a time period corresponding with the introduction and widespread use of mercury amalgam (O’Brien 2001). Studies in both animals and humans have confirmed the presence of mercury from amalgam fillings in tissue specimens, blood, amniotic fluid, or urine (Vimy et al. 1990; Willershausen-Zonnchen et al. 1992; Gebel et al. 1996; Omura et al. 1996; Sallsten et al. 1996; Isacsson et al. 1997). However, according to Dr. Robert M. Anderton of the American Dental Association, “There is no sound scientific evidence supporting a link between amalgam fillings and systemic diseases or chronic illness” (Anderton 2001).

The ADA does acknowledge that amalgam contains mercury and reacts with others substances. However, to date the ADA concludes that amalgam continues to be a safe material. Researchers reported finding “no significant association of Alzheimer’s disease with the number, surface area, or history of having dental amalgam restoration” and “no statistical significant differences in brain mercury levels between subjects with Alzheimer’s disease and control subjects” (Saxe et al. 1999).

Interestingly, the metallic mercury used by dentists to manufacture dental amalgam is shipped as a hazardous material to dental offices. Although the ADA does not advise removing existing amalgam fillings from teeth, it does support ongoing research to develop new materials that will prove to be as safe as dental amalgam (Anderton 2001). Symptoms in adults and children could include tremors, anxiety, forgetfulness, emotional instability, insomnia, fatigue, weakness, anorexia, cognitive and motor dysfunction, and kidney damage. People who consume more than two fish meals a week are showing very high serum levels of mercury.


Cadmium

Acute exposure to cadmium generally occurs in the workplace, particularly in the manufacturing processes of batteries and colour pigments used in paint and plastics, as well as in electroplating and galvanizing processes. Symptoms of acute cadmium exposure are nausea, vomiting, abdominal pain, and breathing difficulty.

Chronic exposure to cadmium can result in chronic obstructive lung disease, renal disease, and fragile bones. Protect children by carefully storing products containing cadmium, especially nickel-cadmium batteries. Symptoms of chronic exposure could include alopecia, anaemia, arthritis, learning disorders, migraines, growth impairment, emphysema, osteoporosis, loss of taste and smell, poor appetite, and cardiovascular disease.


Aluminium

Although aluminium is not a heavy metal, environmental exposure is frequent, leading to concerns about accumulative effects and a possible connection with Alzheimer’s disease (Anon. 1993). Acute exposure is more likely in the workplace (e.g., unintentional breathing of aluminium-laden dust from manufacturing or metal finishing processes).

Chronic exposure may occur in the workplace from accumulated exposures to low levels of airborne aluminium dust and handling aluminium parts during assembly processes over many years. In the home, we are in constant contact with aluminium in foods and in water; from cookware and soft drink cans; from consuming items with high levels of aluminium (e.g., antacids, buffered aspirin, or treated drinking water; or even by using nasal sprays, toothpaste, and antiperspirants) (Anon. 1993; ATSDR ToxFAQs for Aluminium). Citric acid (e.g., in orange juice) may increase aluminium levels by its leaching activity.

Interestingly, aluminium-based coagulants are used in the purification of water. However, the beneficial effects of using aluminium in water treatment have been balanced against the potential health concerns. Water purification facilities follow a number of approaches to minimize the level in “finished” water (WHO 1998). Symptoms of aluminium toxicity include memory loss, learning difficulty, loss of coordination, disorientation, mental confusion, colic, heartburn, flatulence, and headaches.

We can assist you to remove these heavy metals from your body. Results can be verified by hair analysis and urine tests. Call 02 4340 2711 and ask for John or go to http://www.detoxzeolite.com/zeolite.htm for more detailed information.

Speak Your Mind

*

CommentLuv badge