I know many people wonder whether Mercury poisoning really affects our health. Even small amounts in the body can cause major health challenges.
Mercury Poisoning In The News.
The following is an excerpt from “NAIROBI, Kenya (The Associated Press) – Feb 17 – By TOM MALITI Associated Press Writer”.
“The Obama administration has reversed years of U.S. policy by calling for a treaty to cut mercury pollution, which it described as the world’s gravest chemical problem.
“Some 6,000 tons of mercury enter the environment each year, about a third generated by power stations and coal fires. Much settles into the oceans where it enters the food chain and is concentrated in predatory fish like tuna.
“Children and fetuses are particularly vulnerable to poisoning by the toxic metal, which can cause birth defects, brain damage and peeling skin”.
This comes from the US government. Now you may understand why I say that all of us are affected by toxins such as Mercury in some way. Do your homework and you will find that activated liquid zeolite is the safest and most efficient way to rid your body of toxic metals including Mercury, allowing your body to utilise nutrition from food, and return to vital health.
Information On Effects Of Mercury Poisoning
Acute mercury exposure may occur in the mining industry and in the manufacturing of fungicides, thermometers, and thermostats. Liquid mercury is particularly attractive to children because of its beautiful silver colour and unique behaviour when spilled. Children are more likely to incur acute exposure in the home from ingesting mercury from a broken thermometer or drinking medicine that contains mercury. Because mercury vapours concentrate at floor level, crawling children are subject to a significant hazard when the mercury is sprinkled throughout the house during religious ceremonies or when there is an accidental spill (Zayas et al. 1996). Mercury spills are difficult to clean up, and mercury may remain undetected in carpeting for some time. Symptoms of acute exposure are cough, sore throat, and shortness of breath; metallic taste in the mouth, abdominal pain, nausea, vomiting and diarrhoea; headaches, weakness, visual disturbances, tachycardia, and hypertension.
Chronic exposure to mercury may result in permanent damage to the central nervous system (Ewan et al. 1996) and kidneys. Mercury can also cross the placenta from the mother’s body to the foetus (levels in the foetus are often double those in the mother) and accumulate, resulting in mental retardation, brain damage, cerebral palsy, blindness, seizures, and inability to speak.
Mercury Poisoning From Fillings
Dental Amalgam is also suspected as being a possible source of mercury toxicity from chronic exposure. Some physicians suggest that amalgam fillings could be part of the explanation for the explosion of learning problems and autism in children since World War II, a time period corresponding with the introduction and widespread use of mercury amalgam (O’Brien 2001). Studies in both animals and humans have confirmed the presence of mercury from amalgam fillings in tissue specimens, blood, amniotic fluid, or urine (Vimy et al. 1990; Willershausen-Zonnchen et al. 1992; Gebel et al. 1996; Omura et al. 1996; Sallsten et al. 1996; Isacsson et al. 1997). However, according to Dr. Robert M. Anderton of the American Dental Association, “There is no sound scientific evidence supporting a link between amalgam fillings and systemic diseases or chronic illness” (Anderton 2001).
The ADA does acknowledge that amalgam contains mercury and reacts with others substances. However, to date the ADA concludes that amalgam continues to be a safe material. Researchers reported finding “no significant association of Alzheimer’s disease with the number, surface area, or history of having dental amalgam restoration” and “no statistical significant differences in brain mercury levels between subjects with Alzheimer’s disease and control subjects” (Saxe et al. 1999).
Interestingly, the metallic mercury used by dentists to manufacture dental amalgam is shipped as a hazardous material to dental offices. Although the ADA does not advise removing existing amalgam fillings from teeth, it does support ongoing research to develop new materials that will prove to be as safe as dental amalgam (Anderton 2001). Symptoms in adults and children could include tremors, anxiety, forgetfulness, emotional instability, insomnia, fatigue, weakness, anorexia, cognitive and motor dysfunction, and kidney damage. People who consume more than two fish meals a week are showing very high serum levels of mercury.
A Way To Remove Mercury Poisoning
Activated Liquid Zeolite is totally safe, and is proven to remove mercury from the body, limiting the damage caused by Mercury poisoning. This is backed up by a peer reviewed research report, published by Dovepress in 2009.
John Gaydon has been researching Natural Health for over 25 years. Recently he came across Activated Liquid Zeolite a revolutionary new detox product which removes Mercury and other toxins safely. More information at http://zeolitereview.org