By Angie Smith
This morning on tv, I heard a warning about lead in a product that we all usually come in contact with this time of the year, especially children.
“Not again,” I thought.
Lead in makeup, then toys, now this? For years, it seemed all we parents had to worry with was keeping our tots from eating old paint chips. (Coincidentally, I had a child to do this.)
As it turns out, one of the very things that brings holiday cheer to families all over the world could be very dangerous for the littlest ones.
China And Lead…
At least three different brands of holiday lights, it’s been announced recently, have been tested and extremely high levels of lead were discovered. Consumers are being warned not to let their children handle them due to lead poisoning potential (lead is used in the manufacturing process).
I write this out of concern on a personal level; I had a lead poisoning issue with one of my boys (see “Lead Astray” in this blog).
And in case you didn’t know, the toys that have recently been recalled because of lead content aren’t dime-store off-brands, they were made by big-name companies like Mattel, who, like many toy manufacturers, has many of their products made in China.
Now where are the majority of our holiday lights made?
I checked mine, and they all (three different brands) were made in China.
At least 80% of most popular toys are made there as well.
Notice a trend here?
I don’t want to get into politics or possible trade embargoes here, but something must be done, since no one realistically sees the banning of Chinese imports. However, they should be required to meet U.S. standards; quite a no-brainer there.
Brand Names Don’t Mean Squat
In the meantime, we all need to realize that just because we buy something from a major retailer does not guarantee its safety.
We’re all toxic, to a degree. After doing extensive research and interviews, I’ve come to the conclusion that any random citizen of a developed country could have toxicity tests performed and would then be extremely startled at the results, especially with lead and mercury. We are exposed to household chemicals, pesticides, and other toxins our entire lives. Our children are no different; they’re just as toxic as the rest of the population.
What is especially frightening is that children cannot handle nearly the amount of lead exposure that an adult can.
There is a safe way to improve overall general health and safely remove toxins, including lead, all at the same time.
Get The Lead Out!
A mineral called liquid zeolite has recently been brought to the world’s attention and it is highly recommended by many physicians and scientists. It can safely remove lead and other toxins even from a child’s body.
Angie Smith is a Freelance Journalist who lives in Kentucky and has a keen interest in keeping her family in good health. Angie can be contacted by e-mail at email@example.com and she will be glad to personally answer any questions you may have about liquid zeolite.