By Angie Smith
I gave birth to a beautiful baby boy, Marshall, in 1996.
My baby was perfect…well, at least to me he was! He talked very early. He walked very early. Marshall held fairly reasonable conversations by 18 months. I crowed at his every accomplishment, and I felt like he was an extension of my soul toddling around. Surely he was the smartest kid in the world!
Almost three years later, I gave birth to a second (surprise!) son, Michael, who was just as wonderful and beautiful. He started out on the fast track developmentally. But after about one year of age, I began to notice slight differences in his development. He didn’t talk. He didn’t show signs of walking, though he still managed to scoot or roll wherever he wanted to go. He was prone to ear infections, skin infections, and developed terrible allergies and eczema. While Mikey eventually talked in very short sentences at around age two, I knew something was, well, just not right. We didn’t bond as easily, though I was really the only person he would have anything to do with. Dropping him off at the sitter’s was a nightmare. It was as if he was trying to tell us something, but we didn’t know what. It was as if he was in another world. Mikey’s uncle nicknamed him “The Tank”, or “Sherman”, due to his habit of pushing his way over or through anything in his path. He was, ahem, rather destructive and demanding and inconsolable.
All this while my four-year-old was beginning to recognize words and write.
At first I chalked this up to being “the second baby syndrome”. Any mother of more than two children knows what I’m talking about!
When Mikey was nearly two, I took my children to be screened for lead poisoning.
My youngest son showed higher-than-normal amounts of lead, “but not life-threatening”, they told me. And the levels were “not enough to treat him…just find the source and clean it up”. How naive I was.
At the time, we lived in a home that was built in the 1920s and had been remodeled on several occasions. It had also been painted a number of times since the late 1970s when lead was first banned in paint, so at first I was skeptical that the lead came from the paint indoors, which was not peeling anywhere (I found later this really doesn’t matter).
But the paint and siding on the exterior of the home was older, and was starting to decay and chip off around the bottom. I began to check outside near their play area. Upon close inspection, I discovered innumerable tiny white chips of old paint in the dirt and sandbox where my sons played. Decades of rain and exposure to the elements had no doubt washed away old paint into the dirt all around our home.
No doubt, this was the main source of my son’s “minor” lead problem. And he ate everything, apparently including dirt. On several occasions, I fished more than one less-than-savory thing from Mikey’s little mouth.
Immediately, I moved my sons’ play equipment across the driveway. A short time later, we moved into a brand new home.
My little son blossomed. It was as if someone had flipped a switch. Then three years old, he began speaking clearly, potty-trained within days, and surprised us all with something new every day. He wasn’t sick again for months. He formed friendships at preschool, and, more importantly, the child/parent bond began to strengthen.
Knowing now what I didn’t know then, my son was toxic. My children’s pediatrician was schooled in traditional medicine, though I will give her kudos for some of her non-standard recommendations, and she often snubbed by-the-book parenting. But she never recommended any kind of detox treatment for my son, nor did the local health department.
Today, with reports of lead found in commercial toys, makeup, and still leaching out of older homes, there are probably countless children who are being poisoned by so-called “minor” levels of lead.
A breakthrough in the removal of heavy metals from the body occurred about three years ago. It didn’t arrive in time for my son and his situation, but it could help someone you know.
Have you ever heard of zeolite? It’s recently been patented and is produced in a liquid form. It’s extremely effective in removing heavy metals from the human body, and is completely safe.
Luckily, I’m not so naive anymore when it comes to heavy metal toxicity. I know that even a little lead is detrimental. I attribute a number of my son’s toddlerhood troubles to the lead problem and living in a toxic, old house.
Happily, my youngest son shows no signs of having been poisoned. He’s now in the second grade and is a straight-A student. He plays soccer and baseball, and says that when he grows up, he’s going to be a professional football player AND a scientist that designs robots. Now those are some ambitions!
Are your children walking chemistry labs? I hope not. My goal is to inform as many parents and grandparents as possible about the dangers of heavy metals (which, by the way, also come from vaccines—that’s another article though) and how to remove them with liquid zeolite.
Zeolite shows so much promise in so many areas. I only wish we had known about it then. Now here’s your chance to get educated.
Angie Smith is a Freelance Journalist who lives in Kentucky and has a keen interest in keeping her family in good health. Angie can be contacted by e-mail at email@example.com and she will be glad to personally answer any questions you may have about liquid zeolite.